Macronosis ("We") values and respect your privacy.
The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job description, health related data, birthday, e-mail address or mailing address.
Collection of Personal Data including email addresses
We may collect and process Personal Data about you as follows:
- If you provide Information to us by filling in forms on our website. This may include information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages and posting, making or receiving payments or requesting further services.
- Details of transactions you carry out via our website.
- We may ask you for information when you report an issue or concern or we have or receive a complaint or query about you (whether or not a formal Dispute is raised).
- We may keep a record of correspondence between you and us.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of the messages you send and receive using out platform including without limitation, when you sent or received a message and the contents of that message. Messages are not private and are not confidential
- We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information received from third parties. For instance, credit reference agencies, search information providers, PayPal, other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
Use of Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research; and
- We may use your Personal Data internally to provide you with the services offered by us via this website, to administer this website and to help us improve our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- We may use your Personal Data to notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, policies or website
- We may use your Personal Data to manage risk, or to investigate, detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, suspected fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
We hope you will be delighted with our services.
However, if you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select “unsubscribe” from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively contact us.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains Hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally - it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these Hyperlinks.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary "cookies" that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy Statement and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies or third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the "unsubscribe" procedure set out above.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other companies within our group of companies or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
- Specifically, you consent to and direct that we may disclose necessary information to: [the police and other law enforcement agencies; security forces; competent governmental, intergovernmental or supranational bodies; competent agencies (other than tax related authorities), departments, regulatory authorities, self-regulatory authorities or] organisations and other third parties, including but not limited to our group companies, with whom we have reason to believe it is appropriate for us to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity or potential illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of our terms and conditions and other policies referred to in it (including without limitation, your funding source or credit or debit card provider). We and other organisations, may also share, access and use (including from other countries) necessary information (including, without limitation the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies) to help us and them assess and to manage risk (including, without limitation, to prevent fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to apply or enforce our terms and conditions, our policies or any other agreements between you and us.
- We may pass on your Personal Data to other users of this website if they confirm to us in writing that they intend to issue proceedings or take legal action against you.
- Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other websites
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United States of America), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
We may also transfer your Personal Data between our offices and third party processors which may be located worldwide. Where your Personal Data is transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that recipients of your Personal Data agree to keep your Personal Data confidential and hold it securely in accordance with applicable data protection laws.